Themes are files that work together to create the design and functionality of a Word Press site. Each Theme may be different, offering many choices for site owners to directly change their website look.
You may wish to develop Word Press Themes for your own use, for a client project or to submit to the word press theme directory.
Why else should you build a Word Press Theme?
- To create a unique look for your Word Press site.
- To take advantage of templates, template tags, and the Word Press Loop to generate different website results and looks.
- To provide different templates for specific site features, such as pages and search result pages.
- To quickly switch between two site layouts, or to take advantage of a Theme or style switcher to allow site owners to change the look of your site.
A Word Press Theme has many benefits, too:
- It separates the performance styles and template files from the system files so the site will upgrade without extreme changes to the visual presentation of the site.
- It allows for customization of the site functionality unique to that Theme.
- It allows for quick changes of the visual design and layout of a Word Press site.
- It removes the need for a typical Word Press site owner to have to learn CSS, HTML, and PHP in order to have a great-looking website.